Current Sunday Worship Gatherings
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all large public services at the church are suspended. We currently gather together in small in-person worship gatherings at various locations on our campus each Sunday at 8 am, 10 am and 6 pm. (Our 6 pm service is temporarily paused. Resumes January 2021.) Limited seating is provided in the worship center. Other locations onsite participate via live video feed. You can also join us online each Sunday at 8am, 10 am, and 6 pm. We hope you can join us at the church or online!
Ready to Visit?
Come. Plug In. Connect!
Maybe you’re looking for a new home church? Maybe you’re just looking into Christianity, Jesus, and the Bible?
Whether you’ve just started considering the Bible and want to learn more or you’ve been following Jesus for years, we’re so glad you found SWBIBLE online—and we’re looking forward to meeting you in person!
Join us Sundays. When you arrive, our Welcome Team can help explain what’s going on and help direct you to worship services, Sunday Classes, restrooms, children activities; and introduce you to members of SWBIBLE.
Sunday Mornings and Evenings
Morning Worship: 8:30 & 11:00 am
Sunday Classes: 10:00 am
Reunion: 5:30pm gathering, service at 6:00 pm
Visiting SWBIBLE: Helpful Information
Here are some helpful details for visiting SWBIBLE.
When do we meet?
- Morning Worship at 8:30 and 11:00 am
- Sunday Classes at 10:00 am
- Sunday evening REUNION service—5:30 pm gathering, service at 6:00 pm. The 3rd Sunday of the month we enjoy a meal together beginning at 5:15 pm.
Where is the church located?
The church is located at the corner of Murray Blvd and Weir Road in Beaverton. The church address is:
14605 SW Weir Road
Beaverton, Oregon 97007
I’m visiting for the first time. Where do I go when I arrive?
Before and after services, you’ll be greeted by a member of our Welcome Team located at each entry. They are ready to help you! You can also drop by the Welcome Table in the main lobby to pick up a visitor packet and get directions and information. If you would like, you can use the Plan a Visit form to let us know you are coming.
What’s the style of worship?
The style: Christ focused. While you could define our style as contemporary, we include historical songs as well. We highly value generations worshipping together in unity. In the end, our goal for our worship times is to give all attention and focus and honor to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
What can I expect during the Sunday Morning services?
Both services (8:30 and 11:00 am) follow the same schedule:
- We start with worship music, a few announcements, and an offering time for members of the church to give. As a guest, don’t feel obligated to participate in the offering, but please fill out a Welcome Card and drop it in the offering bag as it passes, or drop by the Welcome Table afterward. We would love to help with any questions or follow-up.
- During the singing, the worship leader invites people to stand. Please feel free to remain sitting and participate only as you feel comfortable.
- Our Senior Pastor Scott Gilchrist or another member of the pastoral team will teach from a section of the Bible. If you don’t have your own, you can use the Bible stored in the seat backs.
- After the 8:30 am service, we have Sunday Classes for all ages at 10:00 am. Classes are listed in the bulletin, which are available at each auditorium entryway.
- Also, please remember to silence phones and mobile devices when entering the auditorium.
Is childcare provided?
On Sunday mornings, SWKIDS provides various programs that serve babies through 5th grade during and between both morning services.
At Sunday evening REUNION services, feel free to bring your children to enjoy worship with the church community. Nursery care is provided through age 3.
Come to the family entrance at the lower lobby and our SWKIDS staff with greet you.
Are there Sunday Classes for Middle School and High School Students?
Yes, church staff and volunteers lead Sunday Classes for middle school (grades 6-8) as well as high school (grades 9-12) students.
Since I’m new, are there other ways that I can plug in?
- Join us for Sunday Morning and Evening services.
- Remember to visit the Welcome Table in the lobby before/between services. Our Welcome Team members are ready to help.
- Check out the Essential Christianity Sunday Class, taught by Senior Pastor Scott Gilchrist.
Visit us for Opening Night:
- Join us for an informal visitor reception—called Opening Night.
- We meet the first Wednesday of each month, September-June, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in The Lodge.
- Socialize with a handful (instead of a lobby-full!) of folks, enjoy light refreshments, and learn more about SWBIBLE.
Throughout the week:
- Visit a Home Group. Learn more about home groups at the Welcome Tables in the lobby or visit our home group page.
Have a question we didn’t answer here?